Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVFC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
I need to mail an iPhone from here in Australia to a mate in the US. However, when I went to post it to him Aus Post wouldn't touch it as it has a lithium battery in it. Anybody have any idea how I can get round this. Would a courier ship for me and for how much more.

Conway

macrumors member
May 6, 2009
They are just afraid its a bomb so they want you to take out the battery but of course we cant , i had to ship one to my girlfriend and had to go to another post office after the first one told me that too.... I just insured it and shipped it they didnt ask nor did i tell them it had a battery in

AVFC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
They are just afraid its a bomb so they want you to take out the battery but of course we cant , i had to ship one to my girlfriend and had to go to another post office after the first one told me that too.... I just insured it and shipped it they didnt ask nor did i tell them it had a battery in
Yeah, I think I'm gonna try a diff post office. If I run into trouble again I'll just say that it's a mobile phone rather than specifically an iPhone and that I've taken the battery out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.