Resolved Can't make a backup to iCloud

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Perene, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Perene, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

Perene macrumors 6502

Perene

Is there a way to permanently delete all backups from iCloud and make a new one without taking forever and wasting all the 5 GB free space? I was able to do both before today. I have the 256 GB wifi+cel IPP 9.7 model, and while I have several GB in a few apps, I always deselect these apps from the list of data to backup.

This isn't working at all, I tried changing everything, with no luck.

First of all, look at these screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/8wX7J

How is it possible that iCloud (or the iPAD) insist this backup will have 3.4 GB (!) when it doesn't? And how is that possible, since my previous backups had less than 200 MB?

I don't know what else to do...

P.S. After at least 1 hour, the backup was created. However, it wasted 3.4 GB this time, after I cleared my iCloud account. Why would a normal backup waste so much space?

2. Perene thread starter macrumors 6502

Perene

OK, this is odd... when I do a backup using iTunes, it wastes +- 3 GB. Using iCloud now it is only wasting 253 MB, plus a few MB from data saved from a few apps.

My guess is that Apple fixed this in iOS 10 for iCloud, but when we do a full backup using iTunes, it is including more data than it should. For example, I had a few videos in one of my players (NPlayer), I believe this iTunes backup is including them.

Or maybe it's different anyway.