Can't Make App Store Purchases From iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rosemary1, Mar 25, 2012.

1. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I have the new iPad and everything was fine. Now yesterday and today I can't make purchases on the iPad in the App Store. And by "purchases" I mean both free and paid apps. When I try, the icon gets added to my desktop but the download never starts. After awhile I eventually get a message telling me it can't connect and to try again later. I haven't been having any wi-fi problems anywhere else, and I've restarted both my router and the iPad. And I've synced. Not sure what else I can do to fix this. Ideas?

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Try this: go to Settings>Store, and sign out of your Apple ID account, then sign back in. Might work.

3. rosemary1 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah! That seems to have done the trick! Thanks!

4. laurenr macrumors 6502a

5. godcandy macrumors member

I am in the same boat. I have tried the sign out of the store trick... as well as every other "fix" that I could find and am still getting the error that I cant connect to the iTunes store. I have submitted a support request to apple as I am definatly within my support window at just over a week of ownership and I am not happy about this. I am overall happy with the iPad though but the inability to connect to the iTunes store which is the lifeblood of the iPad is a problem. Also note that my phone and my laptop connect fine and update everything... Just the iPad.

[​IMG]

6. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Have you tried resetting the iPad? This often corrects many anomalies. To do this hold down the POWER and the HOME button at the same time, for about 10 seconds. Do this until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen, ignoring the red slider bar that appears. When the iPad is back on, try signing into the Store again.