Can't make/receive calls while plugged to MacBook Pro or ACD or Powered-USB Hub

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maplavi, Aug 8, 2008.

1. maplavi macrumors newbie

Every time I connect my iPhone to MacBook Pro to sync and charge, it's not possible to make or receive calls. Even after unplugging, I can't make/receive calls and I have to either turn it off or soft reset. Is this normal?

I have an iPhone 3G dock. I have tried several ways to connect it: direct to MacBook Pro, to Apple Cinema Display-MBP, to Belkin USB Hub-ACD-MBP. I have even tried without the dock. Same problem every time.

Any idea?

2. maplavi thread starter macrumors newbie

Making calls while plugged to MacBook Pro or ACD or USB Hub - Solved

My problem is solved. It happens that the dock was placed between the Macbook Pro, Time Capsule and a speaker. After multiple tests, I realized that the iPhone mounted on the dock works perfectly well if dock is placed somewhere else away from these items. Right now, the dock is connected to a powered USB hub, then to Apple Cinema Display and then to MacBook Pro.

By the way, it also works well if the iPhone is connected using the usb cable only, without the dock, even if it's placed between these items. I personally think that Time Capsule causes some kind of interference with the dock.

Hope this helps to someone else.