Can't make up my mind.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ayeplussjr, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ayeplussjr macrumors regular

on which MBP I want to buy. I have at least narrowed it down to the high end 13in MBP or the low end 15in. MBP. Is the extra 2 inches for the screen really worth the extra 200.00? Besides the extra 2 inches is there really much of a difference in the screen quality?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

A bijillion threads on this.

Go to an Apple store and look at them yourself, always the best test ;)

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I think that the two inches of extra screen is worth it. Seeing that I have a 13" uMB and one of my friends has the 15" MBP. It just looks so much nicer. It just depends on what you will think you will need it to do. I would go to the apple store and see them and test out each one and ask an apple employee about what you plan to be using the laptop for and which would be best for you.

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Do you have a MB ce made in late 08 or the early 09 with the covertly upgraded screen?

5. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

I say, for portability get the 13"....you can always get an iMac for home use when you save more.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Only you can make this decision. Go to an Apple store and compare them side by side and then make your choice. personally, I much prefer the 15" MBP (I have one and it is excellent), but a better option for you might be to get the 13" and also get an external monitor.

Cheers and good luck

7. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I was in the same position, and came to the conclusion that it all depends on what you'll do with the machine. The 13" is good for internet browsing, music, and light photo/video editing. The 15" is better for things like Photoshop, Aperture, and Final Cut. (The serious stuff) Where as the 13" will feel cluttered. When I was deciding the price difference of the 13" and 15" was much more. I decided on the 13" and eventually got a monitor to use the majority of the time; however, I'd be okay using the 13" screen 95% of the time if I didn't have a monitor.

8. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

I had this choice to make and selected the 15'

9. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I'm not sure, I will check what screen it has

10. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Yeah I bought it in the middle of December '08. I'm not sure if its the upgraded screen but its the 9C89.