Can't Manually Manage (Drag and Drop) Music!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MBHockey, Jun 30, 2007.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

2. MLeepson macrumors 6502

That's really annoying considering that my library is 13 days longs. I guess you could make playlists and put them in, right?

3. wbaccus macrumors newbie

I'm with you. That makes no sense at all. I'm one of those folks who always manually manages my iPod. Strangely enough, while I was waiting for the activation to take place, I was able to manually add stuff to it. But that stuff was erased once it was activated.

4. diabolic macrumors 68000

The Apple TV works this way as well. I guess they'd rather we use their dynamic sync options (newest 5 shows, etc) rather than manage the space manually like a hard disk.

5. chrisgeleven macrumors 6502

All you have to do is create a playlist (let's call it 'iPhone Playlist' for lack of a better name), drag and drop whatever you want into it, and set the iPhone to only sync that playlist.

Cool thing about this is if you don't have the iPhone (or for that matter, an iPod) connected to your computer, you can throw stuff into this playlist and it will sync automatically next time it is connected.

6. need2speed94 macrumors newbie

turn on manually manage content

click on your device in itunes, then click on "summary" then go down to options and click "manually manage music and videos" then you are set :)

-Marcus