Can't Manually Sync Songs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by The Big Al, Aug 10, 2010.

1. The Big Al macrumors newbie

Okay here's my issue. First, I will admit I think I'm a doofus. Just got a 16g 3Gs. Updated to OS 4.0.1. Everything worked great. No issues. Then silly me decided to jailbreak. Used Jailbreakme and took all of 5 minutes. Everything went just fine. But I didn't like it. Decided it wasn't worth it. I had the phone in jailbreak mode for all of about 5 minutes.

After I restored it, which seemed to go fine, except I lost a few books (free ones) and it wipe the iPod section of all my songs. No biggie, I'll just re-sync them since the phone is basically a static device. All my info is stored on the computer and the iPhone just has a copy of all data. But now I can't drag and drop songs to the phone like I did before. I can go to the music section and select artists and playlists, but I can't drag individual songs like I was before, which is how I prefer to do it. I don't want ALL songs by Aerosmith, just one or two. Can't see anything in iTunes that has a setting to change this??

(I uploaded a screenshot of what I see when I drag music over to the phone... hopefully it worked)

Attached Files:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Do you have the 'Manage music manually' checkbox checked?

3. The Big Al thread starter macrumors newbie

Figured it out...

I figured it out... just took a little bit more playing around. Still not going to jailbreak... not worth it.

Here's the setting:

Attached Files:

4. The Big Al thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya - I saw that after I went back and did more looking. Thanks. All works as before.