Can't Manually Sync Songs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by The Big Al, Aug 10, 2010.

1. The Big Al macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2010
    Okay here's my issue. First, I will admit I think I'm a doofus. Just got a 16g 3Gs. Updated to OS 4.0.1. Everything worked great. No issues. Then silly me decided to jailbreak. Used Jailbreakme and took all of 5 minutes. Everything went just fine. But I didn't like it. Decided it wasn't worth it. I had the phone in jailbreak mode for all of about 5 minutes.

After I restored it, which seemed to go fine, except I lost a few books (free ones) and it wipe the iPod section of all my songs. No biggie, I'll just re-sync them since the phone is basically a static device. All my info is stored on the computer and the iPhone just has a copy of all data. But now I can't drag and drop songs to the phone like I did before. I can go to the music section and select artists and playlists, but I can't drag individual songs like I was before, which is how I prefer to do it. I don't want ALL songs by Aerosmith, just one or two. Can't see anything in iTunes that has a setting to change this??

(I uploaded a screenshot of what I see when I drag music over to the phone... hopefully it worked)

Attached Files:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

Jan 31, 2005
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Do you have the 'Manage music manually' checkbox checked?
  3. The Big Al thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2010
    Figured it out...

I figured it out... just took a little bit more playing around. Still not going to jailbreak... not worth it.

Here's the setting:

Attached Files:

4. The Big Al thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2010
    Ya - I saw that after I went back and did more looking. Thanks. All works as before.