Can't MMS Screenshots, but Pics Work okay, need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tr59210, Jun 12, 2011.

1. tr59210 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have a weird problem. I just got an Iphone 4 on ATT with 4.3.2 and I can't seem to MMS Screenshots. The phone says it went through, but the recipient never receives it? Regular camera taken photos go through and it gets received, but not screenshots. Weird. Any ideas??

2. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

What type of phone dies the recipient have? If it's not an iPhone then picture rendering may be an issue. The MMS server will try it's hardest to resize pictures but if it can't the recipient either won't receive the image or will get a hyper link to the image if the carrier supports That feature.

3. tr59210 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I MMSed my friend who has a 3G and my other friend who has a blackberry bold AND I MMSed my old phone (which is still working until the end of the month) which is a HTC G2. None received the screenshots, i tried multiple times, but they can receive regular camera taken pictures

4. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

It might have something to do with the file type. I know camera photos are saved with a .jpg extension and screenshots have a .png extension. Maybe the carrier doesn't support that file type for MMS. Just a guess.

5. Smtevo macrumors 6502

I can confirm it wont go through to a crapberry bold, friend has one and never gets the pictures.