Can't move a Word 2011 Table

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ukiyo-e, Sep 25, 2011.

1. ukiyo-e macrumors newbie

I need to "schooch" a table a couple inches to the right in a Word 2011 document. I hover over the symbol at the top left of the table and wait for it to turn into the "move" symbol, and then I can drag the table where I want it, but when I release the mouse button, the table immediately reverts back to its original position. I've read several different "Help" article that all instruct you to move tables this way, so I don't know why it isn't working for me. Any ideas? (P.S. The place I am trying to move it is still well within the right-hand margin, so that isn't the problem.)

Anyone know how I can get it to work?
    Thanks!

2. ukiyo-e thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it gets curiouser and curiouser. Another table moved fine. A third one moved once, but then I could never get the "move" arrow icon to show up again. Strange!

3. frankieboy macrumors regular

Did you check Table menu > Table Properties > Table tab? There are alignment options there that could affect movement.

4. ukiyo-e thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that did it! I was actually just trying to center it, and didn't realize there was a centering command like there is for text. It's funny that none of the sites I looked gave this crucial bit of information!