Can't multitask with Apple Maps

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by jaredlipsitz, Oct 29, 2016.

1. jaredlipsitz macrumors member

A curious problem with iOS 10. My phone links up through my car's Bluetooth, which I generally use for playing music. Since iOS 10 however, I am unable to listen to music and use Apple Maps, as this frequently causes the Maps to crash and lose my navigation.

The same happens if I receive a phone call whilst using Apple Maps. It appears as though there's a multitasking bug in iOS10 with Apple Maps.

Anyone else experienced the same thing?

2. one more macrumors 6502a

one more

I can simultaneously run Waze, Apple Maps and either Spotify or Apple Music on the iPhone SE with no issues, also connected through car's own integrated Bluetooth. So can flick between Waze and Maps while the music is playing on the background. However, in both mapping apps I have all the sounds switched off.

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

Are you using an older device? I used an iPhone 4s for a few years and by the end of its life with me my biggest complaint was probably related to not being able to listen to music through my car Bluetooth and do other things like play games or do GPS.

4. jaredlipsitz thread starter macrumors member

No it's an iPhone 6S, connected to a Series 2 AW, both running the latest software. Really peculiar issue.

5. stooovie macrumors 6502a

As with almost all and every issue with iOS: your only options are (from least to most bothersome)
    A) reboot
    B) restore backup
    C) set up as new
    D) take it to Apple store

With closed systems like iOS, there's nothing else you can do.