Can't mute :/

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pcomac, Sep 1, 2012.

1. pcomac macrumors regular

I can't mute when I slide down the thing that's on the side of the iPad. I used to be able to do it only last week and for some reason it doesn't work anymore :( its not the settings because I selected it to mute when I do it. It's really weird because when I select the screen lock and slide the side thing down it screen locks so it seems like that it just doesn't mute when it suppose to. I don't know what to do. I got my iPad 2 refurbished... Should I take it to apple store?

2. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

In the settings app, go to the general tab, and there should be an option to change the side switch to either “Lock Rotation” or “Mute”

By default, I believe the “Mute” control only mutes alerts and not app sounds.

In the sounds section of the settings app, there is a “Change with Buttons” option that should let you change that behaviour so that it is a general system control, rather than just alerts.

3. pcomac thread starter macrumors regular

I used to be able to mute everything when I slides the little side thing down but now I can't mute anything D: maybe something is wrong with my iPad 2? If I go to apple store and they can't fix it, would they replace it? It still has apple care coverage

4. RustyRooy macrumors newbie

my ipad2 is the same,it doesn't mute either:]

5. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

If what I suggested didn’t work (I have it as a rotation switch, so I didn’t know if it would or not) then I suspect it is working as intended.

I only seem to recall the iPhone muting everything, rather than the iPad doing it as well.