Cant open a specific webpage Safari/Mozilla

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bhansensfd, Mar 19, 2010.

1. bhansensfd macrumors member

I am experiencing a weird problem and thought maybe one of you could help. I a trying to access a website (http://www.townofstratford.com/) and in Safari I receive "Safari can't find the server" error message. In mozilla I am able to goto the home page but if I click on any of the links I receive "server not found" error message.

I have not run into this problem with any other sites and was wondering why this is happening and if anyone has experienced something like this before and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It works fine for me on Safari, but it could be that the site was having a problem when you tried it. You might check to make sure you don't have an ad blocker creating a problem.

3. Zachemc2 macrumors newbie

Zachemc2

Might be blocked by your ISP (I don''t see why, though). I would probably use a web proxy (http://hidemyass.com is a good one). You should try that.

4. bhansensfd thread starter macrumors member

I am using a brand new MBP that is a week old and just has the basic software installed with the exception of Firefox. The Safari is rev 4.0.3 (6531.9)

It has been like this for two days and it works fine on my windows machine. Really bizarre.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not that it would necessarily help, but the most current version of Safari is 4.0.5. You need to update.

7. bhansensfd thread starter macrumors member

It does load the home page with some of the links missing. The links that do show up dont work though.

I will do the update.

8. bhansensfd thread starter macrumors member

Funny enough I updated Safari and Snow Leopard and the problem is gone. Thanks for the help.