can't open and fill pdx form sent in an email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dieeldoctor, May 22, 2014.

1. dieeldoctor macrumors newbie

I'm sure somewhere in this forum someone has asked this question but i've searched and can't find one. If this is the wrong place please move or tell me where.

My problem is I was sent a form to fillout and email back to the gas company.She sent it to my icloud email and I clicked the file , went to downloads and couldn't find a thing to get it to let me fill it out and email it back.

It also should be known that although I've had macs since 1998 (still have my cube in it's original box), I am far from good on it. I usually google what I need to do and or figure it out...... I'm stymied!

Thank you

PS using a macbook 2.1 running osx 10.5.8

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have you tried opening it in preview? You can fill out a PDF form there. We are talking PDF I hope. Your title states PDX.

3. dieeldoctor, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014

dieeldoctor thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops I did mean pdf, sorry. I tried opening it with text edit as well, that wasn't good, most of it didn't show up. I tried preview but nothing happened at all. I may have done it wrong. Still trying different things, i'm sure people do this kind of thing all the time. One thing I read was that the sender probably uses adobe pro and it's possible she forgot a step. If these things do not work I will ask her to resend it in a different format. My printer is in storage (we just moved), so I can not print it out fill it out and scan back to her in email.

Thanks for your help

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Very possible sender missed something in the Permissions. I do form building in Acrobat Pro regularly and on occasion things can get missed.

Have you tried it in Acrobat Reader? If it does not open there, then something is wrong with the form and the Permissions. But I will assume if it did not open in Preview, it is most likely a permissions issue.