can't open iphoto '11 after upgrading to 10.6.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by FrenzyBanana, Nov 13, 2010.

1. FrenzyBanana macrumors regular

in order to open iPhoto, you need to update to the latest version
    Please run software update to install it now

but when i run software update..it says
    my software is up to date
    anyone experiencing this?

2. luffy22 macrumors newbie

Yes, I have just updated and have the same issue

3. lbeck macrumors 6502

lbeck

Wow that sucks. How many others have this issue? I'm holding off for now, wish I could help. Maybe downgrade to 10.6.4

4. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

5. purenight1 macrumors newbie

well,have you boys put your iphoto in to a folder??
    just move it back to the Application folder and update again

6. Christopherxxx macrumors newbie

I had same problem after upgrading to iLife '11. iPhoto did not open stating, "..in order to open iPhoto, you need to update to the latest version". Of course, I thought I did that with the installation disk. But, you have to run "software update" and allow it to update iPhoto...again. It worked.

7. Rodrigo PLP macrumors newbie

My problem was solved

Yeah, I had the same problem. My iPhoto kept showing me the same "can't open iphoto, make an upgrade" message. My version was iPhoto 9.0 and the Software Upgrade wouldn't find any available upgrade. Of course, it happened right on the day I wanted to show my pics to my family. The only way it worked for me was:

1. I re-installed iPhoto from original Mac Applications Install Disk. Couldn't skip this step because my installed iPhoto wouldn't even be recognized by the upgrade made on step 2;
    2. Downloaded and run latest available iPhoto version from Apple website, which was version 9.1;
    3. iPhoto launched perfectly and immediately pointed to another available upgrade: version 9.1.1;
    4. Made the new upgrade. iPhoto now works perfectly. Good news: my Library was intact.

8. allimae93 macrumors newbie

Helppp

"Yeah, I had the same problem. My iPhoto kept showing me the same "can't open iphoto, make an upgrade" message. My version was iPhoto 9.0 and the Software Upgrade wouldn't find any available upgrade. Of course, it happened right on the day I wanted to show my pics to my family. The only way it worked for me was:

1. I re-installed iPhoto from original Mac Applications Install Disk. Couldn't skip this step because my installed iPhoto wouldn't even be recognized by the upgrade made on step 2;
    2. Downloaded and run latest available iPhoto version from Apple website, which was version 9.1;
    3. iPhoto launched perfectly and immediately pointed to another available upgrade: version 9.1.1;
    4. Made the new upgrade. iPhoto now works perfectly. Good news: my Library was intact."

i dont know how to do this. can someone please give me a step-by-step??