Can't open iTunes Store at all! :((

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hypertech, Mar 21, 2010.

1. hypertech macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody knows the solution to this problem.

Suddenly, I can't open iTunes Store. It keeps on saying "One Moment Please. Connecting to the iTunes Store. Loading ... " but nothing loads even after hours of waiting.

I can't even login to my iTunes account. It keeps on giving me error -50. It says "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (-50). There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later."

Can anybody help? Please?

Edit: I've done Keychain Access Repair but to no success. Tried doing sth with my network connection and nothing happened as well. :(

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you try clearing your cache and cookies? Even a restart?

3. hypertech thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi i've tried clearing my itunes cache and restart but to no avail. The problem persist. :((

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you check your Parental Controls settings in Preferences?

5. hypertech thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeap and it's turned off.

The strange thing is I can access iTunes store weeks ago. This problem only start a few days ago. And I don't recall doing anything weird with my mac. I'm just using it for normal work (iWork, browsing, messenger, etc). :(

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. hypertech thread starter macrumors newbie

this is the screenshot of what happened.
    [​IMG]

it's been like that and nothing changes.

8. Maximara macrumors member

Maximara

I developed the same problem Friday evening and was able to connect for a very short time on my mac Saturday evening. Based on what is going on at the Apple discussions you are not the only one having problems (connection and slow server comments abound going back to the beginning of this month) While the solutions posted there don't solve my problem (I am past the 90 days of free phone support and am too far from a Mac Genius (about 300 miles) so the last option doesn't work either) perhaps they will help solve yours:

A) Step 1: tick checkbox to disable iTunes Store within iTunes / preferences / parental

Step 2: tick checkbox to allow access to iTunes U (this is just below where you do step 1 in iTunes preferences)

Step 3: quit iTunes then open iTunes

Step 4: undo step 2 and step 1 above (re-enabling iTunes Store within iTunes / preferences / parental)

Step 5: quit iTunes and open iTunes again and then sign into your iTunes account

(provided by Muezh and Millians clarified by Dashford)

B) delete the itune.com preferences (Search for itunes.com in ~/Library/preferences)

C) open Safari and see if it can connect. If it doesn't (but Firefox does) go to advanced preferences and unchecked all proxies (suggested by peterlesser)

D) Open Keychain Access (it's in the utilities folder). Run Keychain First aid and fix any errors. If that doesn't work reset your keychain (don't worry any saved keychians will be preserved)

E) Open Disk Utility and fix disk permissions

F) Check the internet connection path using Network Utility (it is in the utilities folder) and a site called network-tools.com using the tools ping and trace. You will being checking phobos.apple.com, albert.apple.com, gs.apple.com, and itunes.apple.com. Ping them first and any that come back either * * * or Timed out do a trace on. This will help tell you if the problem is with your ISP or between you and Apple (some internet node DNS go flaky and can't relay some sites).

G) If none of this works and you are still within your 90 days or close to a Mac Genius call Apple.

Hope this long winded list helps.

9. hypertech thread starter macrumors newbie

Gosh!! THIS WORKS!! Thanks a lot Maximara!! You are my saviour today! :D :D :D

10. champssmith macrumors newbie

Try system restore or uninstall iTunes via START>CONTROL PANEL>ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, and then download and reinstall it.

11. Maximara macrumors member

Maximara

Considering this is mac forum :eek: why are you wasting our time with solution for windows?!? :mad:

There are reasons Mac users think Window users are idiots; this is one of them. :D

12. ImaPCuraDoosh macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm a PC user, and you're a doosh. First off, thanks for the tip Max. Some how unchecking and then checking a box in iTunes fixed the store on my PC!!! WTF. Go Apple?! I work in the IT field and this makes no sense. Oh well, I'll note this fix in my Macintosh Mega Mystery Book of Lies and Deception. At least MS is honest about the fact that they screw up all the time.

No need to be a tool. You're the type of egg head that the world needs, except without the apple ego. If it says apple you'll buy it. Have you gotten the new MacBook Wheel yet?

I signed up just so I could thank you and then give you the shaft. I'm sure when you get a real job you'll be forced to use a PC. Until then continue to be narcissistic and smell like a turd. :p

One day we'll all get along. Until then eat an :apple:.