Can't open iTunes.. WTF!!! argghhh

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

MSVCR80.dll error.. googled it and reinstalling the app is the suggestion. did that and still having issues. :mad::mad::mad:

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Got to uninstall all Apple software from the computer and then reinstall it all.

Latest iTunes update screwed things up for a lot of Windows users.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Dull error on my desktop. Reinstall doesn't fix it... Now I'm iTunes less, cannot install the bish :mad:

5. Old Yeller macrumors newbie

Old Yeller

You have to go into add/remove programs and uninstall preferably in a this order: itunes, apple software update, apple mobile device support, bonjour, apple application support. Then download and install itunes and all will be good at least it worked for me.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Tell me about.
    Tons of windows users having the same issue.
    What a pain, thanks Apple for a crappy update.

7. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Omg I'm glad I'm not the only one :mad::mad::mad:

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like that basically has the information from the Apple KB article linked in a post earlier in the thread.

10. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes, delete QTMovie.dll and reboot. This worked for me.

11. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

https://discussions.apple.com/message/24669909#24669909
    Try this:
    "Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (later)

Remove all of these items in the following order:
    iTunes
    Apple Software Update
    Apple Mobile Device Support (if this won't uninstall move on to the next item)
    Bonjour
    Apple Application Support

Reboot, download iTunes, then reinstall, either using an account with administrative rights, or right-clicking the downloaded installer and selecting Run as Administrator.

The uninstall and reinstall process will preserve your iTunes library and settings, but ideally you would back up the library and your other important personal documents and data on a regular basis. See this user tip for a suggested technique."

12. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Had this on a friends computer.

The cause was updating itunes but he hadn't updated Quicktime.

Goto apple software updater app in the start menu, install/update quicktime and hopefully that will fix it.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

Again, isn't all of this already available directly from Apple in a linked article earlier in the thread?

14. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

i should've just ignored the update. i've already deleted itunes now i can't reinstall it.. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :mad:

15. martosprint macrumors 6502

A friend of mine had the exact same problem on his 24 inch 5 year old iMack. Out of desperation he contacted Apple tech support, out of warranty I might add. Well the tech decided to help him out with the iTunes re-install out of warranty. It took a couple of hours with the tech but it finally was resolved. He could click on the iTunes icon in the dock but it wouldn't come up. I don''t remember what he had to do but it finally worked. The tech had him go thru several procedures till he found the cause of the problem. I was surprised that the tech offered to help him as it was about a year out of warranty. Maybe Apple had a lot of those problems and just decided to fix it. It won't hurt to give it a try.

16. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I never knew that and I saw your link in a different thread. All is good:)