Can't open iWork programs without them crashing...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jumbb, Nov 10, 2011.

1. jumbb, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

jumbb macrumors regular

I've been trying to use Kenote and Pages, everytime I open tehm I can get to the initial screen, where it lets me choose between different templates, but everytime I choose one it crashes, shows me the beach ball until it quits ''unexpectedly''... any idea of why this is happening? I checked and it happens with Numbers as well... I lost my iwork cd's so I can't install it again... :confused:

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I would go look in ~/Library/Application Support for any keynote folder. Delete or rename any plist file you find there and try to launch keynote again. ~ is your home folder. You may have to turn on show hidden files to find the folder.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Also check for updates to Mac OS X and iWork.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Keynote's preference file(.plist) will be in Home Folder>Library>Preferences. Try trashing it. It may or may not solve the problem.

5. jumbb thread starter macrumors regular

I just realised it's all of iwork that's not working, I searshed for .plist files and only found one from Pagesm I deleted it but I still have the same problem...I lost my iwork cd's so I can't install it again... :confused:

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

What version of iWork and what version of Mac OS X? If you have misplaced your iWork disc, you can pay Apple for a replacement. Or if you have access to the Mac App Store, you can purchase the applications individually if you don't have a need for all 3.