Cant open microsoftoffice for mac 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sezmac, Mar 13, 2012.

1. sezmac macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a problem with my microsoft office for mac. I have used it for about two weeks without any problems but now when i try to open any office application i get the error message:( "microsoft word cannot be opened because of a problem check with the developer to make sure microsoft works with this version of mac OS X you may need to reinstall the application"

Has any one had this problem before? do i really need to uninstall it? if so how can i completely uninstall office for mac? Any idea why this has happened?

Btw, I have Lion OS X on mac Air 2011

All ideas are appreciated

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Either method will achieve the same results, but Microsoft's is more tedious and takes longer than searching.

5. sezmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your suggestions. I followed microsofts method which took AGES!!!! but atleast i was able to uninstall it and then i downloaded office for mac again atleast office for mac is fast once you have an account. I still dont know what caused the problem with office in the first place:mad: but atleast office is working again now

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Glad you worked it out! Next time you need to uninstall an app, use the link I posted. It's much easier and quicker than other uninstall processes, and completely removes all traces of an app.

7. TilakV macrumors newbie

Microsoft word and excel do not open on Mavericks

Hello people,

I have upgraded from Mac OSX 10.6.8 to Mavericks 10.9.1 and I could not open Microsoft products and third party software like Skype, Yahoo messenger etc.

I get an error message saying that Microsoft cannot be opened for this version and please check with the developer and re-install the app.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall office 11 but had no luck until now. Any quick fix is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Tilak.