Can't open Numbers doc from Mobile Me on MacBook Air---Please help.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hikeNM, Oct 15, 2010.

1. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

Got a weird problem. I store alot of documents on my iDisk so I can access them on either my MacBook Air or my iMac. It has worked great for several years.

I'm using Numbers '08 on both computers and both computers are completely updated.

Several weeks ago, the MacBook Air quit allowing me to open a Numbers document stored on Mobile Me. When I try to open a Numbers doc, I get a message saying, "The document could not be opened."

However, all is fine on my iMac. All numbers documents will open as normal from Mobile Me.

Also, other types of documents will open fine on the MacBook Air from Mobile Me i.e. Preview, Pages.

I tried copying a Numbers doc from Mobile Me to the Air, but I get an error stating, "The operation can be completed because and unexpected error occurred(error code -8084)."

Also, If I'm not dealing with Mobile Me, Numbers seems to work fine on the Air. I can create documents and open them fine.

In desperation, I did a clean install on the Air, but to no avail. I still have the same problem.

I can't think of anything I did to the Air to make it suddenly quit opening docs from Mobile Me.

Could anybody offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: After more research, it looks as though Pages docs won't open either. This is very very weird. What makes the Air not open, but iMac will?

2. hikeNM thread starter macrumors 6502a

The error message I get when trying to open a Pages doc is, "The Document could not be upgraded. Unable to upgrade document from version 0."

This is wild.

3. hikeNM thread starter macrumors 6502a