Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ludwig123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Hey,

it seems like I have a serious problem with my terminal application. Nothing happens when I try to open it. Moreover, the icon has changed (see attached screenshot). Almost looks like I have deleted it...can't remember having done anything like that. Is there any way to fix it or to download the app from somewhere?

thx

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 347

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Is it still located in Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities?
Maybe you can use Pacifist together with the Restore or Installation DVD and extract it or tell us your Mac OS X version and someone can upload it.

Ludwig123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
It is still in HD/Applications/Utilities. But have a look at my Utilities folder. There is something weird going on don't you thing so? Anyone encountered something like that before? Might have to reinstall my whole OS. Working with Leopard 10.5.8 on an Intel Mac Book.

Actually, it would be great if someone could upload it for me!

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 57

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Does that also happen with any other account (even if you create one temporarily)?
Have you repaired permissions via Disk utility yet?

Btw, you can edit your posts via the
edit.gif
button, or multi-quote posts via the
multiquote_off.gif
button, as sequential posts are "against" the rules.

Ludwig123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Ok thanks. Just created a new account but same ****. And talking about Disk Utility- cannot open it as well. Its the same problem. Have a look at my last screenshot. All the apps with that white icons won't open. There is not even an error message popping up.

sobritish

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2010
Can't open Terminal Icon has changed

Ludwig 123,

I am having the exact same problem and was wondering if you figured out how to fix it. If so could you tell me how. Thanks. Sobritish

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.