Can't open theme download

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drossad, Nov 16, 2008.

1. drossad macrumors regular

Hey guys, maybe I'm just stupid, but I have tried to download a theme from InterfaceLIFT but I can't open it. While it is downloading it has a zip icon next to it, but when it's done and I try to open it, it comes up as a word document that has nothing but code on it. Do I need to click, drag and drop it somewhere or something? Should I be opening it with a certain application?
    Anybody who has any knowledge on this, help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Is the theme your downloading definitly for a Mac?? And not for windows? (You'd be surprised how many people get this wrong... :( )

3. drossad thread starter macrumors regular

LOL! Yeah it's for mac OSX. It's called titanium. Thanks for asking though.

4. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

No harm in asking ! =D

Hmm, you could try:

1) Downloading another theme from the site. It will probably be another zip file. If this works, then its the link, and nothing you can do...

2) Download/find a known good Zip file. If this dosen't work, it could be a problem with the Mac. Try it in a different account? Or you could try a 3rd party Zip application

5. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

what it sounds like to me, is OS X doesnt know what program to use this theme file with.

Im not sure what interfaceLIFT is... but im gonna assume its a theming application for OS X 10.4? it couldnt be for 10.5 because there is no theming apps for leopard.

sooo what I recommend if you right-click your theme file and choose "Open with ->" then choose "other" here you will look for the appliction interfaceLIFT with the file browser.

6. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Also, to add to this, on top of the page, it says that you will require Shapshifter by Unsanity to apply the themes.

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

And to add to that (;)) Shapeshifter is not Leopard compatible if that is your OS version...

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

To clarify, interfaceLift is a website featuring a wide variety of desktops, icons and theme files for OSX and Windows.

9. drossad thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you everyone for your responses!

It seems I am stupid. I am running Leopard, so that would be the problem. Oh well. Thanks for the help!