Can't pair mouse in OSX Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by titatom, Sep 29, 2011.

1. titatom macrumors regular

I jst got a new bluetooth mouse. It pairs on my sisters computer running Snow Leopar but not on mine running Lion. Thus it is a problem with my computer.

I have tried everyting :

deleted .plist in Library
    reset smc
    reset pram
    reset power
    repaired permissions
    turned bluetooth on/off

nothing seems to work and my reserch on the internets as hit a dead end. So here I am asking help to the knowledgeable Macrumors community ! :)

Anybody got an idea of what i can do ? (except reinstall SL, obviously)

Cheers,

titatom

edit : I also tried all passkey options. When I choose 1234 as a key, it pairs for half a second and they it drops.
    "The pairing attempt was unsuccessful. The devices is refusing the pairing attempt. Refer to the manual..."

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Not sure if this will help, but have you tried unpairing it with your sister's computer?

3. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

4. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

try this

have you up dated to 10.7.1? i know kind of trivial but sometimes updates fix problems (i got 2 things fixed in snow leopard like that before). If you are already at the latest update sorry not sure what else to do :S

5. moonchilddave macrumors regular

I have this exact same problem (Razer ProClick). Funny thing is, it WAS working on 10.7.1 (on an Early 2008 MacBook) until the other day - then, boom, no work. I tried deleting it and re-adding it - it sees it, but just won't pair with it.

Well, at least knowing I'm not alone brings SOME solace.

Unless someone comes up with a solution, can anyone recommend a good "small" bluetooth mouse that works well? I'm not a gamer, so 2 buttons and a scroll wheel are fine (and since I have smaller hands, the smaller the mouse the better).

6. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I went back to 10.7.0 and it still th esame. I really don't know what to do except go for a refund on the mouse and maybe try another one. Hope Apple makes a fix for this in the future !

@moonchilddave : you must be pretty pi****. A Razor mouse that doesn't pair makes it worse. They are awesome peripherals. Mine is a semi-cheap IOGEAR bluetooth mouse.

7. moonchilddave macrumors regular

And before anyone comments - the batteries in it are freshly charged.

8. VascoSilva macrumors newbie

Same

Just aquired a bluetooth mouse...

Computer detects, but doesn't pair...

Have Lion 10.7.3... tried everything I can remember, but still doesn't pair, and I'm used to use Bluetooth with my Iphone...

Any sugestion?? :)

9. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

Probably too late now, but for anyone finding this, I have found stubborn pairing problems are often solved by completely removing the batteries from the mouse/trackpad for a few minutes.