Cant partition SSD ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by irock101, Oct 25, 2012.

1. irock101 macrumors 6502

irock101

Hey,

I am trying to install windows7 and partition my ssd to make some room for windows but i am getting the following error message:

[​IMG]

Does that mean i have to format my entire drive, install mountain lion, import my time machine backup and try to partition it again?

Isn't there an easier way? I dont want to setup the entire system again just to play some games on windows.

2. AndersBrohus macrumors regular

I got the same problem.. You have to reboot you computer and after the boot dong you hold the alt key and choose recovery partition.. it has been loading the Recovery you select the disk utility and repairs the partition :)

Voila your ready to go! :)

3. irock101 thread starter macrumors 6502

irock101

Thanks but if i press ALT while booting i can only select the drive i want to boot from. In this case only one drive is available -> SSD
    No way to choose disk utilities.

4. zone23 macrumors 68000

Did you do a restore when you got your SSD if so it doesn't restore the recovery partition or at least it never did for me.

5. AndersBrohus macrumors regular

Then something is wrong.. Because when you install OS X Mountain Lion or Lion it's automatic creates a recovery partition.. :) That's the partition you have to select, then you can choose Disk Utility :)