Can't partition with Boot Camp?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Someone59, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Someone59 macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook running Mac OS X 10.5.7 and I'm trying to use Boot Camp to partition it into part Windows XP and part Mac. When I clicked 'Partition', it loaded for quite a while and then a message popped up saying 'Verification failed, this disk could not be partitioned. Use disk utility to repair this disk.' so I used Disk Utility to repair my Macintosh HD. I put in the original Leopard disk, restarted my laptop while holding shift and used Boot Camp to try to partition it again, 47GB with 17GB of free space for my Mac and 8GB space for the WIndows XP but it still came up with the same message saying I needed to verify it. I tried everything but it still doesn't work. I even tried backing up my data and erasing my current data but the erase, security options, erase free space and repair disk button is grayed out.
    Help please?

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

How did you repair your Macintosh HD with disk utilities?

Did you boot from your original install disc and run disc utilities from there?

3. Someone59 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh yeah, another thing. When I tried to restart while holding down the c button, my laptop ejected out the Leopard install CD.