Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marconiusrex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hey - I can't play HomePod from the Apple Music App on my iMac. Does anyone know if this is possible. Do I have to wait for Airplay 2 to do this?

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 9.58.00 AM.JPG

pitt1717

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
having the same issue. very frustrating, reset the HomePod, restarted my iPhone, 2012mbp, unplugged my appletv, and even changed my iTunes password. thinking it was a device limit I removed a few from the iTunes account as well. just can not figure this one out
[doublepost=1518283036][/doublepost]holy crap, just figured it out. if you are using homekit and have HomePod setup to only allow "people sharing this home" the Mac won't connect. No homekit on the Mac. I just changed it to "anyone on the same network" and it instantly connected! (this sucks as now my son is gonna connect his crappy music up).
to get to this setting (in case you do not know), go to home app on the iOS device. go to the home tab on the bottom and then hit the location arrow on top left. scroll down to speakers and choose allow speaker access

Reactions: marconiusrex

marconiusrex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
having the same issue. very frustrating, reset the HomePod, restarted my iPhone, 2012mbp, unplugged my appletv, and even changed my iTunes password. thinking it was a device limit I removed a few from the iTunes account as well. just can not figure this one out
[doublepost=1518283036][/doublepost]holy crap, just figured it out. if you are using homekit and have HomePod setup to only allow "people sharing this home" the Mac won't connect. No homekit on the Mac. I just changed it to "anyone on the same network" and it instantly connected! (this sucks as now my son is gonna connect his crappy music up).
to get to this setting (in case you do not know), go to home app on the iOS device. go to the home tab on the bottom and then hit the location arrow on top left. scroll down to speakers and choose allow speaker access

Thanks! You are a Genius! :)

Mark

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.