Can't play iPhone purchased music on my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macfanrutler, May 13, 2012.

1. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

I have purchased a good amount of music on my iPhone and transfered it to my computer through iTunes. Now that the music is there and I have loaded it onto my iPad I can see the songs but they won't play. The only things I can play are items I either purchased on my iPad or ripped from CDs.

They used to work on my old iPad and when I go to The iTunes store on the iPad it doesn't show that they need to be downloaded again.

I have already restored the iPad like new and I am completely out of ideas. Any help would be great.

2. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Are these older purchases before the iTS went no-DRM? If so, is the iPad registered to a different iTS account than the iPhone?

These are the only things that I can think of...

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

Did you complete the sync? This is unheard off...

4. macfanrutler thread starter macrumors regular

macfanrutler

Some of the purchases are old some are new it doesn't seem to matter which... I have only ever had one iTunes account and I signed out on the iPad and back in again which didn't help.

5. rkahl macrumors 65816

Do you have iTunes match? Do you have show all music enabled on iPad settings?

6. macfanrutler thread starter macrumors regular

macfanrutler

I do not have iTunes Match. I can see the music and can click on it, it just never plays.