Can't play songs on my iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by gmiller598, Nov 17, 2011.

1. gmiller598 macrumors newbie

I purchased the iTunes Match last night. My library has 23,000 songs in it. Obviously it is taking quite a long time to complete the search and upload to the icloud. Judging by what I'm reading here, it could take a couple of days for this process to complete if I let it keep running non stop.

My question and concern now is that my iphone will no longer play the music that is currently downloaded onto my phone since the moment I purchased the service last night. I have the iPhone4, all versions of the software and applications are up to date. The songs are still showing on my phone but they are grayed out and will not let me select them to play.

Am I stuck and unable to listen to my music on my phone until the service is done searching and uploading?

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

Hmm. I got the warning that said my phone wouldn't keep the original songs I had on it but to my surprise, I found that all my songs that I had previously stored were still there.

I have a 4s, but that shouldn't make a difference. My library took 2 days to copy over, I have just over 10,000 songs. During the transition, I had access to my music...as I stated. :/ I did encounter an issue where my iTunes external HDD lost it's connection with my iMac during Match twice...that's why it took 2 days.