Can't post comments on YouTube on my new Mac, what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by brig2221, Jul 3, 2012.

1. brig2221 macrumors 6502

I'm about a week in to my first Mac ever, a beautiful Retina MacBook Pro.

I'm mostly using Safari at this point as it supports the Retina resolution, but I also downloaded Chrome and use it occasionally as well.

So I got on YouTube and watch a few videos, and I want to leave a comment. I click on the comment box......and nothing. No button anywhere to submit, nothing. I can click in the white box and type a response, but no way to submit.

So I close out Safari and go into Chrome, as I assumed something was screwy with Safari. Same exact issue in Chrome, and which should not be an issue as YouTube is a Google site.

I fire up my old cheap Windows 7 laptop, go to YouTube, and clear as day, as soon as I click into the white comments box, a "Create a video response" and "Post" buttons appear.

At this point, I'm left wondering if the issue is Mac OSX related??? I mean, neither Chrome nor Safari is working or displaying the comments box properly, yet it works fine on my cheapass Windows laptop.

Any ideas??????

EDIT - Oh, and if I want to reply to an existing comment, clicking on the reply button does noting in either Safari or Chrome on my MacBook Pro, while it works perfectly on my PC laptop.

2. svsdanger macrumors newbie

I noticed this first a couple weeks ago, if you notice you can't reply to comments either, if you click on the thing to reply nothing happens.

I really hope someone figures this out soon.

I signed in with another account I have and it didn't work and switched between using firefox, chrome, and safari and none of them worked. grrr

3. bpickell macrumors newbie

I noticed this a couple weeks ago as well. Everything was fine up till a couple weeks ago. I can post a comment in Safari and Firefox both, but when I click on Reply I get nothing.

I hope someone figures this out. I can't reply on Safari or Firefox so it's definitely not a cache or cookie problem even though I have cleared out everything on both browsers just in case.

4. bpickell macrumors newbie

I figured out the problem. I don't know if you guys have figured it out yet or not, but I thought I would post what worked for me.

I deleted my google+ profile. Only the profile and not my whole google account. Make sure that you only delete the profile in your account settings.

Before I deleted my profile I checked to see if I could reply to comments and I couldn't, So I went ahead and logged into Google+ and deleted my profile, I then closed out of Safari, Completely quit out of Safari. Re-opened Safari and logged into youtube. And Voila I am able to reply to comments on videos again.

I hope that helps you guys out as well.