Can't print after changing ISP/network settings

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mobydick01, May 21, 2014.

1. mobydick01 macrumors member

I recently switched ISPs. The old ISP required that their modem also act as the router for my network. My new ISP did not, so I am (preferably, I might add) using my Airport Extreme (latest model with updated firmware) as my router.

After doing this, I can no longer print to my DCP-8065DN. The printer is connected via Cat5 to a switch/hub that is connected to the Airport via Cat5. I am trying to print from my MacBook Air, connected wirelessly.

I can delete/add the printer, but when I try to print, the print status app says "The printer is not responding."

Is there some setting I'm missing for the Extreme that might be preventing it from properly assigning an IP to the printer, or something else?

Thanks..

2. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Have you turned everything off and then re-booted in the order : Modem, Router, LAN connected, WiFi connected. ?
    Have you checked that the ISP router is now only a modem ?

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Check that the printer is set to use DHCP. There should be a function that let's you print or see on the printer what IP it's using, needs to be in the same subnet (first 3 sets of numbers) as your MBA.

Also be sure your MacBook Air is not using the Guest wifi.

4. mobydick01 thread starter macrumors member

That's it. Working now.. thanks!