Can't print double sided

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Schraiber, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Schraiber macrumors member

My lab just got a new HP Color LaserJet CP3525 and while everyone else can print double sided (both Linux and OS X), I am utterly unable to. I don't even have the option. This is weird, because I have the correct drivers installed and in the system preferences panel, I have the option for duplex printer checked. This is in 10.5, by the way.

Any ideas?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Normally you enable duplex (or rather, "Two-sided") in the "Layout" item in the print dialogue; it should at least be present, even if it's grayed out and doesn't work. Are you sure it's not even showing up there, or is it just not selectable?

Some printers have the duplex option show up somewhere weird, if my hazy memory serves--did you check in the drop-downs under Paper Handling and Paper Feed?

If none of the above work, it's possible HP just isn't supporting duplexing in their Mac driver. In which case there may be a Gutenprint driver for your printer that supports it, though not having ever used a gutenprint driver I can't really give you any tips on that.

3. Schraiber thread starter macrumors member

The two-sided option does show up in the layout section, but it's grayed out. I've checked everywhere else I could and I've compared my settings to other's on the network that are using OS X---we have, apparently, the exact same settings.

This is pretty annoying :(