Can't print multiple copies in Leopard 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pulsewidth947, Nov 20, 2007.

1. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I can't seem to be able to print multiple copies of a document in Leopard. I've tried 3 different network printers (2 windows printers, 1 direct IP printer) using 3 different MacBooks. All running 10.5.1. It'll print 1 copy just fine, but that's it. If you want multiple copies you have to keep sending it to the printer, which is a pain.

Can anybody try printing 2 or more copies with a local printer and see if that works? I think I may have found my first truly annoying Leopard bug :)

2. Tasc macrumors newbie

I'm seeing the same exact problem with Leopard, will only print one copy (I'm using the 'Pages' application, but I think it works the same across everything).

3. pup975 macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. I've got my printer on a network. Could that be the problem?

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Click the triangle next to the selected printer to expand the dialog (it will differ slightly based on the app being printed from).

Next to "Copies," select the quantity desired. Works just fine.

Attached Files:

5. pup975 macrumors member

I am, of course, doing what you said. However, when I select to print more than one copy, the printer only prints one copy.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Odd. I had two different printers under 10.4 and 10.5, and have had not a lick of problem with it, regardless of the app I'm calling a print from (Word, Excel, Pages, Camino, etc).

Right now my sole printer is an HP 2600n (prior to that an HP 1200 and an Epson), and other than the initial driver hunt (worked best when I let Leopard just manage it for me), I haven't had a lick of issue with printing. All my printing is done over the network.

7. SawTooth500 macrumors member

My HP 2510 is a network printer.
    has no problem printing 3 copies from any of the computers being used.
    Driver issue?:apple:

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

That, or the fact that here in Arizona, we don't truck with printers misbehavin'...

9. pup975 macrumors member

I figured it out that it was a driver problem. I've got a HP Color Laserjet 1600 which doesn't have an official driver for it. Oddly, the foo2hp driver has a "Printer Features" setting that has "Copies" under it. The driver uses this setting to tell the printer how many copies to make. Thanks for you help!

10. garoda macrumors newbie

Same Issue

Hi,
    I am having the same issue over the network with an HP 1022. I did not understand how you got it to work, I would appreciate it if you could clarify.

The exact driver for my printer is not listed in Leopard so I am using a similar one, it works, but only prints one copy at a time.
    The same printer worked fine under Tiger...

Thank you in advance

11. elightbo macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem with my 1020. This printer is shared with Ubuntu and prints multiple copies fine with that direct connection. When printing through the mac over my network I am not able to print multiple copies. If I plug the printer directly into my macbook, I still can't print multiple copies. Just as garoda, this worked fine for me in tiger.

12. yoot99 macrumors newbie

Okay, I fixed it as well. You need to go to your printer driver page (It opens automatically, when you select a document to print):
    [​IMG]

Then, select the info button in blue on the to. Once the info box opens, select the driver tab in the middle and make sure the tic is removed on the "HP two sided printing accessory (Duplexor). If that is selected, then you cannot have multiple copies on that printer:
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps :apple:

Attached Files: