Can't print tables or graphics from MAC to Canon Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shandzzz, Feb 25, 2009.

1. shandzzz macrumors newbie

I have a Canon Pixma MX700 connected to a PC and am able to print text/word files from my MAC to the printer via the router without any problems. However, whenever I try to print a document containing a table or a graphic, it doesn't print in the right place, and there is often a blue 'echo' of the table or image that also prints. I am currently using a gutenprint driver.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Are you sure? The Canon PIXMA MX700 is not supported by Gutenprint. What is more, this printer is listed by the Linux OpenPrinting project as a paperweight. You may find some success by sharing the printer under Windows as a LaserWriter/generic PostScript printer. Then access it from your Mac as a PostScript printer.

3. harry454 macrumors 6502

try reinstalling drivers, or removing the printer from mac then reconnecting it so it will download the latest drivers

4. shandzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

I use the driver for the PIXMA MX610 since it's about the only one that allows me to print anything (only word files). I know little about computers - how do I go about doing what you suggest? If there are 4 other pcs also printing to the same printer, will sharing the printer as a LaserWriter/generic PostScript printer affect the other computers? Please look kindly upon my ignorance.