Can't Print to PC printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sammyman, Sep 29, 2007.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I have been working to get my MBP networked to a desktop with Vista. I have just recently been able to share folders between the two computers.

All I want is the ability to print off of the PC Desktop from my MBP. I have created a workgroup "AD" and have enable file sharing and printer sharing in both my desktop and MBP. When I go to Printer Setup Utility, I click on More Printers, click on the "AD" workgroup, and all I see is my MBP!

I got to file sharing by connecting to the server 192.168.0.X\Folder.

How do I get this printer to work? (hp 1018 and hp 2575xi)

Thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have tried this. For some reason my workgroup does not show my pc computer when I try to add the printer from my mac. Maybe the real problem is the network, or workgroup that I have created. I have been working on this for hours and haven't gotten anywhere.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, so does any of this apply? Have you tried manually adding it? :)

5. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried all of those configurations, and nothing works. The most frustrating thing is that I saw a next door neighbors computer workgroup on the printer tab, and I was able to add his computer with ease!!!! It must be something with Vista... I wish I had two macs.

6. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

The below worked for me! I can only print from my HP 2575xi though. I was hoping I could print to my laser 1018, but it appears that it is not supported by macs. I assumed that I could print on it since it was connected to my PC :(