Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
So i came into a situation where i finally needed to use the reminder app. I haven't used it since day 1 of iOS 5. I opened it and i've looked all over the app and i'm missing the "Reminders" Page.

I looked at my Fiance's iphone 4 last night which also has iOS 5 and her's works fine. there are 2 pages, a Completed page and a Reminder's page. The reminder's page is where you put in a new reminder with the "+" button in the top right. That page is missing from my phone.

On the picture i included there should be two dots at the bottom in the red circle.

1zwfbzl.jpg

I've tried syncing it, i've tried closing the app in the app tray, i've tried a hard restart on it. Has anyone else had this glitch?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
try clicking on the 3 horizontal lines button at the top left, this should allow you to add one

if that doesn't work, from iCal got to File, New Reminder List

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Have you tried tapping the box with the three white lines at the top left corner? That should bring up a view of all your reminder lists. There is an edit button in that view, and if you tap that, you get an option to "Create New List."

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Have you tried tapping the box with the three white lines at the top left corner? That should bring up a view of all your reminder lists. There is an edit button in that view, and if you tap that, you get an option to "Create New List."

Also another point that might help is i don't have any reminders at all. It's still empty. Also isn't iCal something within os x? I have a pc, so i wouldn't have access to that.

Anyways, Yup i've tried pressing those lines, however the edit button doesn't come up right away. All that comes up is the Done button, then if i click in the search bar then click cancel, then the edit button comes up.

After i hit the edit button there's no "Create New List" option, there's just a search bar and a done button.

This is what it looks like when i hit the 3 bars

15n5214.png

Then when i hit the search bar and hit cancel after that, the edit button comes up

xp9cmu.png

Then when i hit "Edit" this screen comes up

2rhtoxi.png

Last edited:

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Do you use an iCloud account ?

if so go to iCloud.com and the calendar section
click the cog wheel at the top right then select new reminder list

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Do you use an iCloud account ?

if so go to iCloud.com and the calendar section
click the cog wheel at the top right then select new reminder list

Nope, no iCloud. I didn't feel like messing with that yet.

Although this did make me think. I went into the icloud settings and i have EVERYTHING turned off. So i turned reminders on and the Reminder's page came up now!

Does anyone think this is a glitch? Shouldn't i be able to do reminders even if that option on icloud is turned off? My fiance has it turned off and hers doesn't have this issue.

EDIT: well i guess i do have an iCloud account. Would deleting it fix this problem? I manage all my calendar stuff on gmail, and i regularly backup my phone to my computer. Yes i get iCloud is supposed to make all that easier but i like plugging it in, or now syncing it via wi-fi to my computer.

EDIT: Well i'm not sure if its a bug or what, but apparently i can't use reminders without iCloud. I deleted my account and now theres no option to bring it back without starting up iCloud again. That seems REALLY wrong.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.