iPhone Can't put iOS 7 Beta on iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Type4O, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Type4O macrumors regular

I had to get my iPhone replaced today. I had iOS7 B3 on my other one. I am trying to put it back on but the Organizer in XCode won't let me. It says my phone is not eligible. Could this be because the dev center is down?

Thanks for any help.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

New iPhone = New UDID = new registration in the developer centre required.

3. Unhyper macrumors regular

Unhyper

Add the UDID into your developer account, once you can access it.

4. Type4O thread starter macrumors regular

I have obviously paid for the membership. You aren't saying I have to pay again because I had to get my phone replaced, are you?

5. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

You obviously are not a dev, just a fair play guy :D
    No, you don't need to pay again, you just have to register your new phone in your account.
    You can register up to 100 devices ( iPhones, iPods and iPads) in your account,

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

No, you just have to register the devices UDID, but since the dev center is currently down, you cannot do so till it's back up.

7. Type4O thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help.

Just to put the record straight, I am a developer. I have been a developer for over 15 years. I am just beginning developing for iOS and Mac, and so am new to the dev centre etc.

8. Krevnik, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013

Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Note, the dev center being down does prevent him from registering the device from XCode like he is trying to do.

And so to the OP: Yes, you will need to wait until the dev portal comes back up. Sucks.

To light up the tools in XCode, you need to turn on development mode. When you do that, XCode will register the device and pull down the certificate for you. Didn't used to in the "olden days", but these days it does.

The only reason that it doesn't work that way now is because the portal is down. Can't enable development mode on any devices right now, because XCode can't talk to the portal to register the device and pull down the certificate. Am I the only one that noticed he is trying to do this in the XCode organizer? Which does these steps for him if the portal wasn't down?

9. C DM, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013

C DM macrumors Westmere

You can be developer for many years, just not an iOS one necessarily for longer than iOS existed. The OP said he/she just started developing for iOS not long ago. Two related but separate statements.

The fact that a new iOS developer (even if a seasoned developer in general) didn't quite know all the details of how things work with the dev center, especially when the dev center is down, and how it relates to devices and everything, really doesn't imply that he/she isn't a dev or something weird is happening. People are just all too happy to jump to conclusions and stick to them even when it appears that there's more support for different conclusions.

10. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Setup iOS 6.1.4 as new device and skip everything ... It will activate fine ... Then in iTunes click option+update to select the beta ipsw (not restore) ... Once updated, restore backup from previous beta phone

Register udid once Dev centre comes back online ... Easy peasy

11. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

If you are a developer no.

If you paid some other way then yes you likely will. Rarely do those guys comp you cause you replaced your phone.