Can't re-activate my iphone after downgrade to 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by newportguy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. newportguy macrumors newbie

Ho guys.
    A couple of days ago I downgraded my iphone to firmware 1.1.1 and then was able to download Apptap to it. When it came time to activate the phone I was not able to do it. So I reinstalled 1.1.1 again and still I have not been able to activate. I even got a new sim card from AT&T but after two days the phone is still waiting for activation, even though I got an email from AT&T telling me that it is. I call them up but they can't help help me out. So I' stuck with no phone service. Does anybody know what the problem could be of if I can activate the my phone any other way? I would really appreciate your help.

2. PatrickC macrumors member

Your baseband is still at whatever version you had before you downgraded to 1.1.1. If you upgrade back to 1.1.3 or whatever you were running before, your AT&T service should re-activate.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

When you downgrade 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 for jailbreaking, you need to UPDATE to 1.1.2 again to have a working phone. (Make sure you prep for 1.1.2)

4. newportguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys

How can I upgrade back to 1.1.2? I don't want to upgrade to 1.1.3 because then I cant download Apptap, or can I?

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

You can either Jailbreak then use the just released method to go to 1.1.3 or you have to change your baseband using a utility on Installer. Hackint0sh.org has good instructions.