Can't re-install OSX!! Please help.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by djhspawn, Oct 8, 2007.

1. djhspawn macrumors member

So, is been 13 months since I purchased my macpro, and since then I have added some extra HDDs. For those two reason I want to re-install OSX. So tonight I put my Disc 1 of OSX into the drive, rebooted and held down C. After the apple logo screen disappears I get a blue screen. The blue screen stays like that until I manually power off. This is the same situation when I try to install off the disc when in OSX. Anyone have any ideas?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

How long are you waiting? It can take quite a long time (a number of minutes) for the installer to boot of the DVD and show anything apart from the blue screen...

3. djhspawn thread starter macrumors member

30 minutes.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try the holding alt on startup for the EFI boot selector or choosing the install dvd in startup disk preferences. if these dont work then verify the dvd in disk utility. it might be a coaster.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Could also be Windows has taken over the bootloader.Go to system preferences in both O/S's and make sure OSX is the default boot disk.

6. djhspawn thread starter macrumors member

I did the disc utility check and this is what I got....

So the disc is dead huh? First time I have ever taken the disc out of the sleeve.