Can't Reboot Tethered JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jschlis, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jschlis macrumors newbie

I had no choice due to circumstances but to upgrade to 5.1. The only way to JB was to have a tethered JB. Well now every time I need to reboot I constantly have the same issue. I shut the phone, connect the phone to my pc and it constantly cycles. It shows the spinning wheel, asks me to enter my password and without doing anything it cycles back to the wheel and then back to the password prompt. Have very few jb apps but sometimes there is a need to reboot. I only bought the phone to use jailbroken but this is very frustrating. Here I am again restoring to factory settings and then rejailbreaking. Am I doing something wrong when I attempt to jb? I tried downgrading with tb but had many problems even with the blobs saved.

2. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Connect the phone to the PC, THEN power off the phone. Then following the instructions in redsn0w (or whatever program you used to JB) to boot tethered.
    The way you described it -- power down THEN connect, the phone reboots itself automatically so you cannot perform the tethered boot by putting the phone into DFU mode.

I am on 5.1 tethered as well. No problems at all. I recommend you install semi-tether too, so that it reboots with call and SMS functionality intact, even untethered.

3. DeLong macrumors newbie

4. jschlis thread starter macrumors newbie