Can't receive calls on Sprint iOS 7 GM, iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by punisher246, Sep 12, 2013.

1. punisher246 macrumors newbie

Sooo yeah I can't receive calls. I think the bug is stemming from the blocking feature...

Been seeing other instances of this issue popping up but have yet to see a work around. I tried updating PRL and resetting the network settings. Just got off the phone with Sprint and they had no idea what the problem was.

Anyone here having this same problem?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

3. punisher246 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I even downloaded a completely different .ipsw file and restored to that. :confused:

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I guess it could be a bad download if you're not getting it from the developer site.
    Maybe try a DUF restore as a last resort.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I'm guessing you double-checked Do Not Disturb settings (and perhaps even enabled/disabled that just to make sure)?

Are you able to receive/send text messages? Are you able to receive/send iMessages? Are you getting any other notifications? Only on Wi-Fi, or without it as well (on cellular)?

6. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I have a Sprint Phone and iOS 7 GM and all is working fine. Maybe the image you downloaded was bad. I saw a few torrents out there that looked suspect.

Revert back to 6.1 and wait for OTA or do your due diligence and get your hands on a good GM file.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Slightly off topic, but I keep on wondering, can actually be such a thing as a bad/manipulated iOS install image? It seems that when you try to install it on a device it goes through a number of checks, including those with Apple it would seem, which makes it sound like nothing aside from the real stuff would be able to get through and get installed.

8. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I'm not sure to be honest. Maybe a developer or someone with in-depth knowledge can chime in. I just saw a few torrents that didn't look right and avoided.

Maybe he downloaded the GSM version and installed it on a CDMA phone? If that is even possible?

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Definitely won't work if you try to install an update meant for a different version--iTunes will tell you that and prevent you from doing it.

As for torrents, it's possible they would have something weird as far as actual files that you might then try to open, but I can't really imagine that if you simply point iTunes to an actual install image that it would allow you to go on and install it just fine if it wasn't exactly what it's supposed to be from Apple for your device.

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

There is no dedicated CDMA iP5, it is a combination GSM/CDMA phone, so it is possible to install a wrong IPSW on the phone,

Whoever as the OP is receiving calls i suspect the problem lies somewhere else.

11. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

I had some issues on my Sprint iPhone after installing the GM. Try updating your carrier settings by going to Phone and calling ##UPDATE#.

12. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

No it's not possible. The ipsw specifies for the US gsm phone and then a different one for CDMA and "rest of the world" gsm. iTunes will reject the upgrade if you try it stating it's not the correct one.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are still versions of the phone compatible with different carriers, so you can't install the image for AT&T's GSM version onto Verizon's CDMA version (despite the fact that Verizon's CDMA version has support for GSM and can work on AT&T too, without LTE support). iTunes detects all that and won't allow for the wrong one to be installed.

14. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I was thinking if the user downloaded it from a non-Apple source maybe something would be corrupt. You are correct that a DMG file checks to make sure the file is intact, so the odds are small that it is corrupt, but when all else fails re-download it. The same for trying to put a Verizon ipsw on a AT&T phone. You would get an error.

15. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

As far as I know, if you change even a single byte in an ipsw, the restore will fail because Apple does cryptographic checks on it.

This is how they keep people from installing pre-jailbroken/hacked OS images. If they didn't do that, jailbreaks would be instantly out for every iOS version.

So no, it can't be a corrupted install image. It more likely points to a local configuration problem. Have you tried "Reset all Settings"?

16. punisher246 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I've reset all my settings as well as reset the network setting. I also dialed ##update# to update the PRL and that didn't work either.

I may do a DFU restore but I don't see how that will give me a different result from a normal restore.

17. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Go back to 6.1.4 and make sure your phone works properly. Then try iOS 7 again.