Can't receive International text - Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i-sidd, Aug 22, 2010.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I have a friend in Austria who received my text but I am not receiving her text on my iphone 3g. Maybe she is using the wrong code
    should she dial - 001 - followed by my phone no. so it will be
    001 - xxx-xxx-xxxx

or should she use
    +1 - xxx-xxx-xxxx

Which is the correct code,also i have unlimited text msg plan, will this cover sending and receiving international texts as well. or will i be paying for each international text that i send and receive. What about pics, will i be able to receive them or just texts.

thanks

2. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

International text messages will not be covered in your unlimited plan, you'll be paying for each text. AT&T has plans for international text messages, though. I have one for $10/mo, it includes 100 messages, including MMS.

As for your not receiving messages from your friend, I can't help with that. I have the same problem. I receive messages from my mother just fine, but not from some of my friends. I'd like to know myself why it happens.:confused:

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Either option should work (001 or +1), but +1 is the preferred option.

Do you know which Austrian Carrier she is using?

4. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

This has happened to me in Aruba too. I can't send texts to people on the island but can receive texts from people in the USA. It's a problem with AT&T in the U.S., who, of course, blames it on the local telecom operator. :rolleyes: