Can't Receive Texts or Calls, But Can Send

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jason S., Mar 10, 2011.

1. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2007
    Before anyone tells me to search or use MRoogle, please, I did, and found nothing recent.

Since around 6 PM today I have been unable to receive text messages or phone calls from my iPhone 4. I can send them just fine, but when someone sends a text I don't get it and my phone goes to voicemail if someone tries to call. Thought it might be an AT&T issue, but a friend is also on AT&T and my father (who has an iPhone 3GS) was able to receive my texts just fine.

Now I'm thinking maybe this is an issue with iOS 4.3. Don't understand how it worked earlier today and suddenly stopped though.

I restored the phone software, setting it up as a new phone altogether, but still no luck.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any suggestions? For the moment, I'm just going to let it go unless someone else has an idea... I'll probably be bombarded with texts and missed call alerts in the middle of the night :p
  2. Jason S., Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

Jason S. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2007
    Really hate to bump after such short a time, but...

I tried removing and inserting the SIM with the phone off, no luck. Tried it with the phone on, again no luck.

Did a test to try to call the iPhone from my land line, but it rings and rings (but the iPhone does not) and then goes to voice mail. I get an alert that I have a voice mail but don't get a missed call alert.

Getting kind of worried about this, because I am expecting a phone call about a job interview and I don't want to miss it. They have a secondary phone number, but I of course want them to be able to reach me if I'm not at home. :(

EDIT: Downgraded to 4.2.1. Thought iTunes would give me trouble doing that, but it did it without a problem. But I still am unable to call myself. Guess I'll just have to let it go and try in the morning. Might have to take it to AT&T if no has a suggestion for me. Thanks!