Can't recieve calls or texts....but i can send them...?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikelegacy, Feb 19, 2011.

1. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Here's the deal, at some point today, my phone stopped receiving texts and when anyone calls it goes straight to voicemail....this is really wierd, because I can still MAKE phone calls and send texts. It has been confirmed that the other person is recieving my texts and she answered my call.

I'm currently relying on google voice to make all of my texts and it's really irritating. Gonna take it in tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone has had a problem like this before to save me a trip?

I'm thinking and not thinking hardware problem at the same time. I feel like it can't be because the same antennae that is used to make calls is used to receive them, and i'm still getting good 3G signal strength everywhere I go. I just don't know what the problem could be....

Any idea?

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

settings -> general -> reset -> reset network settings

Doing this also removes your preferred wifi networks.

3. mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I'll try that and let you know what's going on. Thanks!

I'm not currently at my computer, will I need to reactivate my phone when I'm done? Or can I do this away from my comp and it won't mess with my phone? Sorry, I've never pressed this button before...one of the few I haven't touched haha

4. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Don't need a computer. Just make sure you hit "reset network settings" and be careful not to hit the ones above it. Bottom ones will be a nuisance.

5. mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Didn't work....Idk what the hell is wrong. When I did that, It restarted and I received a voicemail that I sent to myself just to see if I could receive that, and I did...but I tried calling my phone again and I'm still getting voicemail...ugh

EDIT: I'm also sending texts to myself from google voice and still not getting those either...why can't tech just work? haha

6. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Try backing it up and restoring and set it up as a new phone instead of restoring from the backup (if that doesn't fix anything then revert to your backup)