Can't Redeem Gift Cards on Device?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clarkgriswold, Aug 7, 2012.

1. clarkgriswold macrumors member

Im trying to redeem 2 iTunes/App Store gift cards and each time I try on my iPad or my iPhone is asks me to log in with my apple id after entering the code. *I do, and then it asks me to log in again, and again, over and over and will not redeem the code. *I have reset the iPad and have reset my password, and it still won't work. *I got one to work by redeeming it through iTunes on my computer. *Why can't I redeem it directly on my device?

Also, on my iPad, when I go to Settings-Store, then click on my applie id, and click "view apple ID", it asks for my password. *When I enter it, it asks for it again, and again. *Something is not right. If I log out, reset the device, go back to settings and log in it'll show me my account info but still wont redeem the card. And, as soon as I do try to redeem it again, I lose the ability to see my account info under settings/store unless I do another log out/restore.

I called apple and they told me to email iTunes support, which I did, but I'm inpatient and pessimistic.

2. Rai55 macrumors newbie

Good luck with that iTunes support, They gave me the worst answer ever. Just to download iTunes again and log in. That was it.
    It obviously didn't work and I'm starting to think that that gift card started it all because now the App Store on my iPhone doesn't let me download anything even though I downloaded I bunch of stuff just minutes before I redeemed that guy card.
    Please let me know how your answer goes

3. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

iTunes supports can take several days. It sounds like a issue in your account of iTunes servers themselves. I noticed this on Twitter.

4. clarkgriswold thread starter macrumors member

What did you see on Twitter? Were others having the same problem as me?

5. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I did see one person on Twitter who could not redeem a coco via the iTunes/Mac app store. Here name is Christine.