Can't reinstall Lion via recovery

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LCT, Nov 11, 2011.

1. LCT macrumors newbie

So I had to repair my startup disk... it wouldn't let me - had to back up files and format, formatted the drive within disk utility, no problems, disk now verifies.

Now when I try to install Lion it downloads the file (or so it looks...) but fails on install, this is the error from installer log:

Code:
    Nov 11 18:37:54 localhost Install Mac OS X Lion[347]: Failed to verify InstallESD.dmg: hdiutil verify failed
    Nov 11 18:37:54 localhost Install Mac OS X Lion[347]: Retrying http-chunked://long-domain-here/InstallESD.dmg after 1 failure(s)
    Nov 11 18:37:54 localhost Install Mac OS X Lion[347]: Damaged resume data: /Volumes/MBP HD/Mac OS X Install Data/InstallESD.dmg.partial : /Volumes/MBP HD/Mac OS X Install Data/InstallESD.chunklist.partial
    Nov 11 18:37:54 localhost Install Mac OS X Lion[347]: Chunklist is production signed.
    The long domain is a bunch of letters and numbers, not sure if that was related to my serial so I removed it. It then starts redownloading the file(s) (which takes 2 hours on my internet speed :mad:) to do the same thing again, I've tried 5 times and each time I've had the same error... I'm new to the 'mac scene' so this is a whole different world to me.

It's the early 2011 MBP 13" base model (all standard)

Any help will be muchly appreciated and thanks in advance :eek:

2. Mcohall macrumors newbie

Im pretty sure that you have to install Snow Leopard first, so that it allows you to install Lion to your computer. Because thats what I had to do with my computer