Cant reinstall office wit a new product key?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by frankiechan1, Sep 24, 2009.

1. frankiechan1 macrumors member

so i was try to reinstall ms office 2008 wit a new product key and what i find is, that it just doesnt prompt me to enter a new key, instead, it has a product key thats pre loaded... i did a clean delete n everything is it coz of the version of ms office im using or something else?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. frankiechan1 thread starter macrumors member

did that before n it still shows me a key..... wen i install

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The link above is the info.

When you open the app the app will ask you for the new serial.

You probably want to uninstall and reinstall.

5. madog macrumors 65816

madog

I don't know if this happens when you just delete Office 2008, or if you go through the official uninstaller, but I've gotten to the point where I've reinstalled it and I can't update the program at all (there is an update to download, it dl's, but it won't install, keeps finding the same update). It has to do with some file that MS puts on your HD somewhere that is impossible to find (or I've already deleted it, but it still just won't work). The only sure fire solution I've found is a system reinstall.

6. nadyne macrumors 6502a

The Entourage MVPs have information about the files that you need to delete if you need to change your product key here.

If that doesn't work, you should contact Microsoft tech support. You get two free calls to tech support with your legal purchase of Office 2008. You can get the right phone number for your area here.

Regards,
    Nadyne.