Can't remember Album Art in iTunes 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blackxacto, Jun 15, 2009.

1. blackxacto macrumors 6502

blackxacto

2.0/dual/1.5gigRAM/OSX10.4.11/iTunes7

Why is it. that for certain mp3 files played, iTunes 7 cannot remember album art that I paste into the "Artwork" info window? This doesn't happen to all songs, just certain mps. iTunes accepts the album art image and I click OK, but immediately forgets it, so I am left w the blank black default art.

Also this goes for certain mp3 files with ID3 info as well. No matter what I paste into the ID3 info windows, the info is not remembered when I click OK.

What causes this or how can I force the files to remember what I want them to?

John R

2. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

You may wanna check the version of the problematic mp3's ID3 version. Try convert them to v2.3 if they are v2.4.

3. blackxacto thread starter macrumors 6502

blackxacto

thanks turkay

I am in the process of converting to 2.3 as you suggest. Thanks:) jr

4. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

Hope that solves it all, you are welcome. Cheers! :cool:

5. blackxacto thread starter macrumors 6502

blackxacto

turkay, that alone didn't work. There are still some songs that will not change their ID3 info or add album art manually. I selected a specific song, ran iTunes convert to MP3, then updated the ID3 tag to version 2.2 by selecting it again and running iTunes tag convertor.

There are some songs that still does not work. It reverts to no album art and unknown ID3 version. Nor does it keep any ID3 info once I insert it and click ok in iTunes.

Anyone else? Why are a few song files beyond editing?:mad: John R