Can't Remove Bid on eBay - What to do?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FocusAndEarnIt, May 21, 2010.

1. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

Hey all,

My brother placed a bid yesterday for a MacBook Pro on my account, thinking it was his. I can't remove the bid since it's less than 12 hours away. I just checked my email and realized what was going on. I sent the guy an email through eBay just a few minutes ago. The listing ends, as of this post... in 2.5 hours. My brother changed his flipping mind and doesn't want it :rolleyes: and now I'm stuck since it's on my account.

What to do? I don't have $400 laying around... it is a good deal though, I might add. My (his) max bid is $451. No other bids...

What do you think?

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...20658&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

2. AppleLover9o macrumors regular

I am pretty big on Ebay, I can say, chanced you'll get outbid are good. I think the avg. price for such a laptop is 600+, right? I haven't done any research on the prices, but that's a good guess.

Unless it's damaged..

3. RickSizz macrumors newbie

Try this.....

You have already been outbid....dodge a bullet....now..change your password and tell your brother to make his own ebay account.....

4. FocusAndEarnIt thread starter macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

I was outbid. I got nervous there! I was the only bidder for a 10 day listing! :eek: Thanks!

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If win your brother would have just paid, no? I mean he wanted the machine so it's irrelevant which account he bid under.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Are you serious? He bid so it's his responsibility.

Lock your computer / account from your brother. Else he might just take it, sell it, and say, oh my bad.