Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Hey all,

My brother placed a bid yesterday for a MacBook Pro on my account, thinking it was his. I can't remove the bid since it's less than 12 hours away. I just checked my email and realized what was going on. I sent the guy an email through eBay just a few minutes ago. The listing ends, as of this post... in 2.5 hours. My brother changed his flipping mind and doesn't want it :rolleyes: and now I'm stuck since it's on my account.

What to do? I don't have $400 laying around... it is a good deal though, I might add. My (his) max bid is $451. No other bids...

What do you think?

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...20658&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

AppleLover9o

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2009
I am pretty big on Ebay, I can say, chanced you'll get outbid are good. I think the avg. price for such a laptop is 600+, right? I haven't done any research on the prices, but that's a good guess.

Unless it's damaged..

RickSizz

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2009
Try this.....

You have already been outbid....dodge a bullet....now..change your password and tell your brother to make his own ebay account.....

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
I was outbid. I got nervous there! I was the only bidder for a 10 day listing! :eek: Thanks!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If win your brother would have just paid, no? I mean he wanted the machine so it's irrelevant which account he bid under.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Are you serious? He bid so it's his responsibility.

Lock your computer / account from your brother. Else he might just take it, sell it, and say, oh my bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.