Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MdotRoriz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
So I'm trying to remove jailbreak/cydia on my iPhone running 10.1.1 jb from mach_portal beta 3. I used osrestorex to remove jailbreak and then I erased all content and settings through Settings>General>Reset. However after booting up, everything has been erased but the cydia app is still there and so are all the other jb apps that i've installed with it such as Filza, iCleaner, etc - but they're all not functional. Is there any other way to remove cydia on 10.1.1? I am really trying to completely remove everything so that I can properly rejailbreak with the new extra_recipe exploit. Thanks

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
So I'm trying to remove jailbreak/cydia on my iPhone running 10.1.1 jb from mach_portal beta 3. I used osrestorex to remove jailbreak and then I erased all content and settings through Settings>General>Reset. However after booting up, everything has been erased but the cydia app is still there and so are all the other jb apps that i've installed with it such as Filza, iCleaner, etc - but they're all not functional. Is there any other way to remove cydia on 10.1.1? I am really trying to completely remove everything so that I can properly rejailbreak with the new extra_recipe exploit. Thanks

What are you doing ?

You remove mach_portal like deleting a normal iOS app and sideload extra_recipe and run it. That's it

If you have execute order 65 tweaks, run kenobi to uninstall them

Uninstall cydiarespringfix too or substrate fix if using the ijap one or something g (but not substrate itself)

--

You over thought it, hopefully it's recoverable. Next time read a guide before making major moves

MdotRoriz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
What are you doing ?

You remove mach_portal like deleting a normal iOS app and sideload extra_recipe and run it. That's it

If you have execute order 65 tweaks, run kenobi to uninstall them

Uninstall cydiarespringfix too or substrate fix if using the ijap one or something g (but not substrate itself)

--

You over thought it, hopefully it's recoverable. Next time read a guide before making major moves

I assumed removing jb entirely would help to properly install extra_recipe, because I've already tried removing and installing extra_recipe with the cydia I had installed with macportal. I installed kenobi and removed all other substrate tweaks, and when I run extra_recipe I'm able to have it load up then reboot the phone but cydia wont open it just closes out instantly..meaning it's not even jail breaking. I don't get what I'm doing wrong I always follow directions correctly and have tons of jb experience.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I assumed removing jb entirely would help to properly install extra_recipe, because I've already tried removing and installing extra_recipe with the cydia I had installed with macportal. I installed kenobi and removed all other substrate tweaks, and when I run extra_recipe I'm able to have it load up then reboot the phone but cydia wont open it just closes out instantly..meaning it's not even jail breaking. I don't get what I'm doing wrong I always follow directions correctly and have tons of jb experience.

"So I'm trying to remove jailbreak/cydia on my iPhone running 10.1.1 jb from mach_portal beta 3. I used osrestorex to remove jailbreak and then I erased all content and settings through Settings>General>Reset"
is what you said in your original post.

I don't know why you were trying to remove cydia on your iPhone from mach_portla b3 in the first place. mach_portal installs Cydia, and extra_recipe is to have a more stable jb as a simple rip and replace from mach_portal.

In other words, you don't uninstall cydia, u just delete mach_portal and side load extra_recipe. delete as in let the icon wiggle and hit the upper left hand corner X like any iOS app. Nothing crazy.

I don't know why you did OSRestoreX or Erase all Content and Settings

I would just try mach_portal process again, then delete it, and side load extra_recipe. Thats probably your best bet.

if that doesn't work, check out r/jailbreak

I assumed removing jb entirely would help to properly install extra_recipe, because I've already tried removing and installing extra_recipe with the cydia I had installed with macportal.

I don't get what I'm doing wrong I always follow directions correctly and have tons of jb experience.

You confessed that you 'assumed' -- clearly you either didn't follow directions correctly, or you followed a bad guide.

its ok but lets just call it what it is,

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Reactions: Sunny1990

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016

You didn't need to do that. Lucky for you b3 of extra recipe installs cydia again. All you gotta do is run extra like you would mach portal then you'll be in your way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.