cant remove Desktoptopia

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mikedurkee, Aug 17, 2008.

1. mikedurkee macrumors newbie

i tried deleting it by trashing the preference pane and everything that i was instructed to do by the desktoptopia site. oh my god please help..these backgrounds are awful.

2. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Use this:

http://www.synium.de/products/cleanapp/index.html

^^The best uninstaller for the Mac bar-none

You might have to reinstall desktoptopia IOT re-establish the application paths for it to uninstall properly. In other words, install Clean-app first so it is able to log the reinstallation of desktoptopia...then delete it.

3. mikedurkee thread starter macrumors newbie

clean app couldnt find it

its not even in my pref pane anymore so clean app didnt find it ...its only on my toolbar thingy up at the top of the screen... it has a line through it, but its still there..does this have anything to do with cache files?

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

reinstall the app, then go download a app remover, like appdelete, app zapper, or the one the other poster mentioned. all of them work. then clean out the app.

5. mikedurkee thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

snowleapord,
    i think it worked..thanks im gonna see if it works after i restart...saw your setup video...you are so very Mac-a-fied...i thought i was into apple. damn. do you know anything about iWeb or Garageband? im currently looking for a torrent for one of the jam packs for GB. anyways hit me up. and thanks (hopefully) again.
    -mike

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

thanks mike! if you really like my videos, please subscribe if you have an account. anyway, yes I do. I don't use them a lot, but have always been tech geeks for friends who need garageband or iweb for a new website. it's illegal to talk about torrents here on the MR forums, but no rules against PMs. :D no problem.

7. mikedurkee thread starter macrumors newbie

yeeees

ahh sweet... yeah ill check some more out..check me out at youtube.com/durkeeinkorea...
    Torrents? did i say that ..i meant chocolate cookies ...yeah.. um anyways thats all... thanks man...your advice did work.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

check out my youtube too, the links are in my signature as you might have noticed.