iPhone Can't Remove Grey Line From Lockscreen PLEASE HELP :)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 5kylar, Apr 30, 2013.

1. 5kylar macrumors member

5kylar

I'm trying to remove one silly grey line from the Music Controls on the lockscreen. It's the one that intercepts the volume slider and play pause ect. buttons. I've looked around quite a bit and have not made any progress. I know it's very minimal but it bugs me a lot as I use the Music Controls quite often on the go.

Before my screenshot let me just say I'm NOT looking for UINavigationBarShadow@2x.
    I already know what it does. I'm looking for a different image and any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated :D

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=410270&stc=1&d=1367354022

Attached Files:

2. busstonedfx macrumors member

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/819875-removing-thin-gray-line-lockscreen-music-controls.html

http://bit.ly/ZymusV

Sent from my iPod touch 5G using Tapatalk 2

4. busstonedfx, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013

busstonedfx macrumors member

5. Eclipse538 macrumors regular

6. 5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

No If you notice I posted on that thread earlier trying to revive it then just made my own. There's no fix on it, It just kinda drops off when you think they might be close. But thanks for the effort :) *thumbs up*
    If anyone else has any ideas I'm open to any workaround for this stupid grey line lol
    I'm very pleased to see I'm not the only one trying to accomplish this, nothing worse then trying to fight a war on your own, figuratively speaking of course ;)

7. busstonedfx, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013

busstonedfx macrumors member

No no no, I'm with you man! I can't get rid of my line either!

I was posting for help on this thread earlier:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1559708

My "that link didn't solve the problem" was directed at Zmanbaseball2 with his useless, smartass "**************************" link, the link to a thread that didn't find a solution

8. 5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

Oh lol that makes sense. I also got some people helping me on another forum and I'm going to start searching again in a min. Hopefully we can all have an answer soon. It's gotta be possible. It's just a little grey line ;)

9. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

10. 5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

Just tried it. It's only got the UINavigationBarShadow@2x.png covered. Trying to get the one on the MusicControls too. Thanks for the suggestion though ;)

11. mgmusicman94, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013

mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Unzip this and place it in Library/Themes/ then enable it in Winterboard.

Edit: I didnt read your post right. I dont think that line is themeable unfortunately.

12. 5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

How can it not be. It's there, the image must be coming from somewhere.

13. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I think it might be a vector line of some sort, not an image. Not sure though, I'm looking for the answer though.

14. busstonedfx macrumors member

15. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

So I've learned that its a script, not an image. If you tilt your phone it changes. I'm sure it would be possible for a tweak to turn it off but not winterboard. :(

16. 5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

That's awesome, at least we know what it is. So do you know where the script is?

17. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I knew that the volume slider knob does that but didn't know about that line being a script as well. How does it change? I can't see any difference. It's probably contained in the .artwork file just like all the different individual images that show how much of the siri mic is filled/unfilled as you speak. That's my best guess at least.

18. 5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

Ya I've basically fixed the problem with that new tweak "FullScreen AlbumArt" Covers it up to the point it's not a bother anymore. Plus I've been wanting a tweak that does just that for years ;)

19. busstonedfx macrumors member

20. 5kylar, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013

5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

Why not just do what I did? It's an awesome tweak and it got updated with animations for the album art. I'll start looking again though.

21. busstonedfx macrumors member

22. 5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

Well I've tried just about every image in the UIImages so I'm pretty sure it's not there. The only ones I didn't test are the ones I already know (Which make up the majority) and a few that couldn't be what we're looking for. There's probably an Apple employee somewhere snickering over this damn line. So I guess it's either really deep in the root somewhere or it's actually a script or part of one.

23. Beeray macrumors regular

I also see that grey line, but randomly. If I pull down the nc and back up again, it's gone. I have intelliscreen. I don't know if the line and isx are related.

24. 5kylar thread starter macrumors member

5kylar

It's a script for sure. The white part of the line moves from left to right as you tilt your device just like the volume knob does it's reflective thing. Still have no idea where to find it in root though :/
    Any ideas?

25. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

The new version of LockHtml2 tweak in cydia comes with an option to remove this line, although I'm not sure how it works. You could contact the developer and ask, he prob knows.